I think we all can agree that content is king in digital marketing — but one area that’s often forgotten is how to distribute content in an effective way. Most experienced marketers and online advertising agencies claim this by developing unique and powerful content marketing campaigns — and this is not surprising at all. Content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing and generates three times more traffic and potential customers.
You may spend a few hours preparing the content, click on the “Publish” button, perhaps share links to it on social networks, and consider the work is done. This strategy could have worked when content marketing was a new phenomenon and search engines were primitive. But today, the competition has become very fierce, which means that to get the same traffic you’ll need to distribute content when your target audience will be the most likely to engage.
The new reality has changed the approach of many modern marketers to the production and promotion of content. They create fewer pieces of content, but they improve the quality of the content, and they invest much more time, money, and effort in attracting the target audience to it.
Content promotion strategies are insanely effective and popular in today’s market. Regardless of your business type and industry, you can use content to increase your brand awareness, build a strong brand reputation, and ultimately increase your potential customers and sales. Keep reading to learn how to distribute content marketing and grab some useful tips.
Things to Consider on How to Distribute Content
From a business point of view, content distribution is sharing useful resources that help your website get into the top search results, attract leads, and expand the brand’s reach.
Here are some content marketing examples:
- blog articles;
- publications in social networks;
- case studies;
- texts on the site;
- email newsletters;
- reports, etc.
Why does a business need content?
The content will be useful for any business: online stores, B2B companies, info-businesses, retailers, and manufacturers. You just need to choose the right format and promotion channels.
Here are a few reasons why content marketing is essential for your business:
- Collect user contacts. Create detailed content that you will need to enter your email address or phone number to get access to.
- Attract leads. Publish a quiz, at the end of which the user will submit a request for the product selected.
- Improve the position in the search results. Keep a blog and write materials using the right keywords. The content will help increase organic traffic.
- Expand your reach. Guest posts and blogs on external platforms are great tools for attracting new audiences and increasing brand awareness.
- Strengthen loyalty. Maintain social networks and organize mailing lists to maintain the interest of subscribers constantly.
- Build a reputation as an expert. Give comments to the media, write your own materials and post them on reputable resources.
If your content is really cool but still does not resonate with your audience, it can only mean that you fail to deliver the right content to the right audience at the right time. These things are essential to consider when running an effective strategy on how to distribute content to your target audience.
Creating Content that resonates
Use the right content. Thanks to it, high-quality traffic comes from social networks. There are six psychological aspects behind scalable content:
- Public approval. We share content that makes us look better in other people’s eyes.
- Triggers. In your content, there should be one main idea that attracts attention.
- Emotions. We share content that touches us and causes sadness, sympathy, or any other emotion.
- Relevance. We share what is interesting to people of our social group.
- Practical use. What will be useful for our subscribers?
- Stories. We love exciting stories; this is an innate feature of every person. Many brands successfully use storytelling in marketing.
The more these aspects are present in your content, the more likely it is precisely the one that people want to share.
Also, it should be noted that everything is necessary here – the fonts, the words you use, the colors on the page, the themes, and the writing style. If you continuously change these components, you will deviate significantly from the path of creating focused content.
Targeting the right audience
Not to waste the budget on the company’s development and promotion, marketing activities should be aimed at the target audience. Identify customer needs and the benefits of interacting with you. After that, you will better understand through which channels to interact with customers.
You must clearly understand your target audience’s character, mindset, behavior, needs, problems, desires, and habits. Knowing your clients’ portraits and the place where they can be located, you will quickly attract them to your business. Competent entrepreneurs deal with this issue long before the launch of their projects. Still, even at the time of business development, it does not hurt to expand information about potential buyers.
When you are confident in your knowledge and understanding of what your target customers want to hear, you will know for sure that your efforts to develop and promote content will not be in vain.
Connecting with your audience when they are online
The success of the material posted on social networks largely depends on the time of publication – different audiences have different preferences, daily routines, work schedules, etc.
Depending on your audience, business area, and overall plan, you will need to research the right time for you. There are specific periods when followers show maximum dynamics. Knowing the best time to post your content on various online platforms will help you reach the largest number of users.
Once all these factors are taken into account, you are ready to go further and learn how to distribute content marketing efficiently.
Top 10 Tactics to Distribute Content That Boost Your Traffic
The content you generate always depends on the specifics of your business, so there are many variations. But all of them are designed to achieve one goal – to present your materials in front of an audience. Below we have listed ten effective channels to improve your content marketing. Go ahead and choose the best strategies for your project.
1. Generate leads with Agency Vista
When talking about qualified lead generation, it is worth mentioning Agency Vista as the new way for brands to find and easily connect with marketing agencies. Businesses can discover verified marketing agencies, review trending digital marketing agency tools, and connect with top agency experts through a free profile.
As an agency, you can get more qualified leads by connecting with organizations searching for your solutions. Moreover, marketing agencies have an opportunity to connect their blog and social media profiles to their Agency Vista profile to grow its reach and gain 10+ supercharged for SEO pages.
2. Use social networks
Over 3.6 billion people use social media globally, and the number is only projected to increase to 4.41 billion in 2025. Today, social media is necessary and necessary for every type of business, blog, or enterprise. Social media is the perfect place to build brand awareness, build meaningful relationships, and find potential customers who will eventually turn into buyers.
When it comes to promoting your content on social networks, you need to identify the preferable social network for your target audience. Where do your customers hang? What communication channels do they use? How do they spend their time on social media? You can promote your content organically or through paid advertising.
Quality is more important than quantity, so choose the social channel that you will focus on first. Choose Instagram if you are targeting a young audience, Facebook and LinkedIn if you are working with professionals, or Pinterest if you are targeting artists and art lovers.
3. Involve influencers
Marketing with influencers is extremely profitable right now, as using the right industry leaders can help you achieve success and boost your brand’s reputation in a very short time. 75% of brands intend to dedicate a budget to influencer marketing in 2021.
Brands get engagement from the followers of the opinion leaders, and as they promote the result of their collaboration, the opinion leaders get engagement with the brand. And as a result, consumers get really useful content from people they trust.
There are many ways to cooperate with influencers. The most common forms of working with opinion leaders are the following:
- Advertising publications in blogs.
- Seeding branded content in social networks.
- Content development by influencers.
Discover seven steps to launching a successful influencer marketing program and get the most of this content distribution channel.
4. Promote video content
Video content continues to hold the position of one of the most effective digital tools. 54% of consumers want to see more video content from a brand or business they support. This content format has already bypassed text and images and continues to gain popularity. There are several ways to promote videos:
- Optimize your videos for different platforms and distribute them on social networks.
- Create videos for your site and landing pages, in which you can tell in detail about the advantages of your offer.
- When uploading a video, use popular keywords and hashtags in the title and description. Do not forget to add links to the materials.
5. Submit your posts to the niche communities
Advertising in the industry communities is another solution to how to distribute content marketing to increase the reach of a potential audience. Reddit and Quora are examples of such community platforms.
The best thing you can do is do some research and target those niche communities where your content is most likely to thrive. Instead of distributing your content through each individual platform, choose a few that you know from your own observations or experience, and go ahead.
When choosing a promotion platform, consider the channel’s characteristics, the audience, and the ways of consuming information — video and audio podcasts, stories, galleries, long posts, or short messages.
6. Update and link to old content
Linking to your old blog posts is another effective way to improve your site’s traffic and brand reputation. With internal links that solve various problems, your audience will spend more time on your blog, getting to know your style, value propositions, and products.
Update, reuse, and link the old content to the new one to promote your materials. Old content should not be forgotten, especially if it is high-quality and ever-young. It needs to be updated if necessary and mentioned in all your new blog posts.
Changing the content of your material includes changing the multimedia part of your content. You can turn text into videos, slides, audio, infographics, and vice versa. After receiving multiple versions of the same information, share it through different content channels: YouTube, Pinterest, etc.
7. Include a link to the new content in your email signature.
When it comes to distributing and promoting content, some of the techniques listed above may take time and effort to achieve good results, but this particular one is an exception.
Under your contact information in the email signature, add a title and a link with your latest blog post or your content project. Do the same with one, two, or three ‘out of the office’ messages. If you use email every day and continuously respond to emails, this technique will attract additional traffic for free.
Every company or brand must have its own blog. Companies with blogs produce an average of 67% more leads monthly than companies that do not blog. What are the necessary components for proper and efficient blogging to consider?
- Set a goal and stick to it. Your task is to come up with and implement the content that your audience wants to read.
- Write down and use the keywords that will form the basis of your article.
- Organize comments and repostings in a convenient way for the reader.
- Stay on trend: write about what is interesting and informative not only today but also tomorrow.
- Activity. Keep in touch with the audience and respond to questions/comments that are posted on the blog.
- A blog is also a place where the user wants to find answers to their queries, so let it be creative and useful for its visitors.
9. Promote podcasts
Brands that advertise their products and services on business podcasts enjoy an average 14% rise in purchase intent. And this number is growing. Even if you do not record your own audio yet, you can promote the content in other authors’ shows. Test these ideas:
- Record a podcast on the topic of the material to draw attention to it. Or, on the contrary, mention the podcast in an article or social networks.
- Invite well-known industry experts to visit; their names will help in the promotion.
- Ask to include your podcast in the collections that are in the top search results. By the way, this technique is also suitable for other formats.
10. Invest in paid ads
If you have a budget, regardless of the type of your business and brand, you should definitely try paid promotion to catch up and get ahead of the competition. Here are some of the most popular solutions:
- Paid advertising in social networks. It is an excellent opportunity to attract the attention of the target audience.
- Banner ads. It is another way to spread your message. Try starting with Google AdSense.
- Contextual advertising. Paid search is a promising promotion channel for businesses, but it can also be effective for selling content.
- Native advertising. Perhaps this is one of the smartest marketing tactics. Natural advertising attracts the most visitors. But it is also more expensive, and you need to try to make it as realistic as possible, which is not easy at all.
It is even more challenging to stand out in today’s situation with information overload and multiple information consumption channels. Content promotion cannot be useful if you do not do it on time. And it is best to make promotion one of the stages of creating a content plan. In this post, you have discovered a few proven ways on how to distribute content marketing. Stop your choice on those solutions that will bring maximum profit for your specific project. Remember that content marketing is a long-term strategy. Be patient, create valuable content regularly, and experiment with formats.